A mid-sized Pittsburgh based philanthropic foundation seeks an Administrative Assistant. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for facilitating the day-to-day organizational tasks imperative to achieve the smooth operation of the foundation.
- Acts as the initial point of contact for all inquiries. Greets and welcomes on-site visitors, guides them to the appropriate conference space. Facilitates building security clearances for visitors.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintains the Executive Directors calendar. Arranges meetings, schedules appointments, and updates shared calendars to reflect commitments and availability. Maintains office calendars.
- Prepares first drafts and suggested replies for Executive Director.
- Maintains office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipates needed supplies, places and expedites orders for supplies and verifies receipts to ensure supplies are available and organized at all times.
- Works with office equipment vendors to purchase and maintain office equipment. Troubleshoots malfunctions and calls for repair when necessary.
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to, all aspects of mailing (sorting and delivering incoming mail as well as facilitating all outgoing mail), copying, scanning, and filing.
- Books travel arrangements as required
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong writing/grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to existing schedules and deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment that requires the ability to shift priorities at a moment’s notice.
- Analytical skills—investigates and problem-solves a broad range of issues.
- Strategic thinking skills—plans, develops and coordinates.
- Leadership skills—ability to work with Board, staff, vendors, and consultants.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and require little to no supervision to carry out their duties.
- Impeccable organizational skills needed to file and retrieve records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills—works in cooperation with staff and others. Soft skills and discretion are mandatory.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director
- Successful experience as an executive level administrative assistant.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced Google Suite skills including GMail, Google Search, and Google Docs.
- Internet savvy and adept in scheduling and participating in virtual meetings (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Quick learner on new software platforms.
To apply send resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org