A mid-sized Pittsburgh based philanthropic foundation seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for facilitating the day-to-day organizational tasks imperative to achieve the smooth operation of the foundation.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time during the course of employment based on the needs of the Foundation.
- Acts as the initial point of contact for all inquiries. Greets and welcomes on-site visitors, guides them to the appropriate conference space. Facilitates building security clearances for visitors.
- Answers, screens, and directs phone calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintains the Executive Directors calendar. Arranges meetings, schedules appointments, and updates shared calendars to reflect commitments and availability. Maintains office calendars.
- Prepares first drafts and suggested replies for Executive Director.
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to, all aspects of mailing (sorting and delivering incoming mail as well as facilitating all outgoing mail), copying, scanning, and filing.
- Books travel arrangements as required.
- Strong writing/grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to existing schedules and deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment that requires the ability to shift priorities at a moment’s notice.
- Analytical skills—investigates and problem-solves a broad range of issues.
- Strategic thinking skills—planning, development and coordination.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills—ability to work with Board, staff, vendors, consultants, and anyone with whom the Foundation interacts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and require little to no supervision to carry out their duties.
- Impeccable organizational skills needed to file and retrieve records.
- Soft skills and discretion are mandatory.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director
- Successful experience as an executive level administrative assistant.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced Google Suite skills including Gmail, Google Search, and Google Docs.
- Internet savvy and adept in scheduling and participating in virtual meetings (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Quick learner with regard to new software tools and platforms.
Commensurate with experience.
- Health Care.
- Dental and vision options.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Vacation and sick days.
Send resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org